In this digital age, a lot of people think that reading is dying and that not many love this activity. This is proven to be wrong by the greatest publishing companies because they still make tons of money in this business.
Movies like The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, and many others are all film franchises that are also as famous as their book counterparts. Many of those who watch the movies are intrigued and convinced to read the book because they want to know if the movie gave justice to what the book originally describes. A lot tend to read the book because they also want to know what happens next.
Apart from the movies, books and novels still have the capacity to entice a lot of readers and with the help of social media to present it to the public, a lot of profit can be earned from it. Although many of the popular books are fictional, there are still a lot of publishers who make money with books for medical experts, educators, business professionals, scientists, and many others. Here are the top publishers in the world.
10. Scholastic – They have revenue of $2.14 Billion and they are the ones responsible for bringing you Goosebumps, Harry Potter, and Hunger Games. Through the great work of their employees and their writers, they lead the way into publishing children’s books. You can find Maureen O’Connell Scholastic details so that you can see her contribution to the company on its rise to being one of the top publishers in the world.
9. Holtzbrinck – With a revenue of $2.2 Billion, this German-based company has provided more than 138 countries around the world with books about science and education. Aside from books, they also deal with newspaper projects as well as publishing business information.
8. McGraw-Hill Education – They help in the education field by providing products that can help with teaching and learning. They provide for those in the elementary level up to the college level. With over 6,000 employees worldwide, they have made their company diverse.
7. Grupo Planeta – When it comes to the Spanish and Latin markets, this publishing company leads the way. One of the famous and bestselling books they published is Dan Brown’s book called “Inferno” in Spanish.
6. Hachette Livre – They are based in France and have provided their products for the Spanish, French and English market. They work with authors such as Stephanie Meyer, Tom Wolfe, Tina Fey, Malcom Gladwell, and many others.
5. Random House – One of the most famous books they produced is 50 Shades of Grey that became a worldwide phenomenon.
4. Wolters Kluwer – They only focus on professional genres and so their books are all to provide help to professionals in various fields. They operate in more than 40 countries worldwide.
3. Thomson Reuters – Their focus is on business and professionals and have made $5.38 billion in a year.
2. Reed Elsevier – They are based in the United Kingdom and their works are for business, legal, medical and science books.
1. Pearson – Their products tend to be more on the learning side. Their products are being used in various colleges and schools all over the United States. They managed to have $9billion in revenue in just one year.